The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Herb Steiner Tells it Like it is!!
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2001 8:40 am    

In another topic Herb made the oh so true statement,we better read it several times or just keep quite.

quote:
Not to piss and moan, but this sort of thing really gets to me. For all the bitching about "OUR kind" of music being dead that goes on here in Forumland, what do most people do to support club owners so that they don't take a bath on shows like this, thereby insuring that the traditional artist will never get booked back?
You got it... they stay home and complain that the radio doesn't play the music they want to hear FOR FREE!

The "marketplace" decides what products and services we receive. If there was enough money following traditional music around the market... either live shows, recordings, or both... the marketplace would see to it that the consumer received traditional music.

Money talks, the other stuff walks.

Way too go Herb Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 07 November 2001 at 08:44 AM.]

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2001 11:07 am    

I agree 100% with the free market concept/argument. However, I do my part to reserve my right to bitch!

In the past 2 years I've seen Merle Haggard, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Dale Watson, Sara Evans, Bobby Macky (w/Chuck Rich on steel), not to mention 2-3 steel guitar shows per year for about the past 5 years. The CD's I buy are all traditional country (or steel guitar players).

I would like to see traditional country not be relegated to the clubs. I'd like to hear it on the radio and be able to buy it on CD's. Otherwise, I'll have to continue to rely on you guys to tell me what to buy.

------------------
HagFan

Jim Loessberg

Austin, Texas U.S.A
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2001 1:42 pm    

Ron,

At the risk of sounding self-promotional, you might be interested in my syndicated radio show which is available on the internet at 9:07 a.m. until 10:00 a.m., Central time, Monday through Thursday at www.kmil.com.

The music is traditional Country with an emphasis on fiddles and steel.

I hope you get to listen and I hope you like the music.

Best wishes,

Jim

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2001 7:41 pm    

Jim: When I click to listen I get the windows media box with the logo and the swirling teardrops. It says it's loading but never does. What exe. am I missing?
Thanks.
Ken