The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Chord Progressions?
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 1:31 pm    

Does anyone know who might sell a CD or DVD that concentrates primaily on chord progressions? I'm needing help in that area.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina

Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 4:27 pm    

I'm going to post this under steel players

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina

Steve Norman

Seattle Washington, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 5:02 pm    

the pedal steel guitar anthology has some good stuff in it,, Get it From Scotty's and make sure you get the CD! It has several harmonized scale runs (runs from the i chord to the vii chord) plus a bunch of songs showing the chord progressions.

Phil Halton

Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 5:03 pm     Re: Chord Progressions?

[quote="RC Antolina"]Does anyone know who might sell a CD or DVD that concentrates primaily on chord progressions? I'm needing help in that area.[/quote]

RC,

Reece Anderson's course of study titled "The Missing Link" focuses entirely on chords, chord progressions, and the number system that you hear so much about. His "Theory of the One chord" is a method of knowing where to find multiple instances of any major or minor triad anywhere on the E9 neck "on the fly" all the while knowing exactly where you are in the given key of a tune, and thus, being able to move easily through the changes.

He explains the system, then gives exercises to work that system into your brain. Once you have that "chord map" in your mind and can visualize it on the neck, all kinds of "patterns" of chords and their relationship to other chords start to appear.

It takes a bit of work--its a simple system, but not entirely easy. It is without a doubt the best money I've spent on study materials and knowing this simple number system has cracked the E9 neck wide open for me.

The course ends with three popular country tunes including improvised versions, and most importantly, the means for improvising your own versions of those tunes as well as playing through any chord chart in myriad ways. If all that sounds valueable to you, then check him out at

MSAPedalSteels.com

The course is a written book with transparent overlays for charts and exercises. The only knock I have is the quality of the accompanying cassette which is audio of Reece playing through the exercises and tunes. No big deal though-I transferred it onto MP3 and cleaned up some of the tape hiss and it works fine.

Do yourself a big favor and get this book and study it--the scales will fall from your eyes.

Donald Jeunette

Phoenix, Arizona, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2008 1:01 am     WHERE?????

Where can a person get this info?

Thanks, DJ

Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2008 1:13 am    

I spoke with Reeece on thursday. He's sending me the Missing Link. Thanks for the help.

Donald... look in links for MSA

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina

Donald Jeunette

Phoenix, Arizona, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2008 8:54 pm     THE MISSING LINK

I just received my new Book 'THE MISSING LINK' and I'm very pleased with it. Just hope I can learn it.

Thanks Reece.

Don Jeunette

PS: Reece is a great person to deal with. I'm sure all the old times know this so this is for the neeibes. All newbies might want to ckek this out

Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2008 9:02 pm    

I've had my copy of "Missing Link" since Friday. After putting the weekend into it, it's finally making sensse. Now all I need is practice, practice practice.

I can't recommend this course strongly enough. After years of noodling and dabbling, this instrument is finally making sense.

Thanks Reece.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina

Ricky Newman

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2008 11:46 am    

Quote:

I can't recommend this course strongly enough. After years of noodling and dabbling, this instrument is finally making sense.

Thanks Reece.

Ditto, Amen, and like he says.