The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lessons LA and OC California
Chris Allen Burke

Signal Hill, CA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2007 11:44 pm    

Hello pickers and happy holidays,
My name is Chris Allen Burke aka CAB. My in home teaching facility and shop is located in Signal Hill / Long Beach CA.
I have been playing pedal steel for over 30 years. I have been teaching it for over 12. I have been on hundreds of recording sesions and thousands of live gigs and I bring this experience to my lesson approach. Lessons are geared from the beginning level and beyond.
I teach correct right hand picking and blocking technique as well as left hand bar control and posture. I make suggestions and recommendations which will aide in both physical comfort and performance abilities. I have extensive musical knowledge that I share with my students and have designed multiple lesson plans for the E9th and C6th pedal steel. I am now including Dobro and lap steel programs that are both interesting, fun and easy to understand.
Each lesson will be designed for your individual abilities, comprehension and style.
You will have the opportunity to learn single note licks and chord melodies as well as solo ideas, turn arounds, intros and outros. I have written and tabbed out dozens of songs new and old and I will go over each one at a pace that is comfortable for you.
I educate my students in basic to advanced music theory depending on the direction of your interests. I also advise my students on methods to help streamline practices' so that their study time is maximized.
I can recomend equipment to accommodate your needs and I have many steel guitar accessories available for purchase at my shop.
Lastly, I am a certified repair technician with factory training so I have the knowledge and ability to make adjustments, repairs and modifications to almost all makes and models of pedal steels. I can also repair and modify several popular brands of amps, volume pedals and other steel guitar related accessories.
Please call or e-mail me and we can discuss all of your pedal steel interests.
562-424-2187
Keeponapicin' Sincerely,
Chris Allen Burke