The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NEW Johnny Bush album available
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2000 8:21 am    

Johnny B.'s new album is finally out, and it features not one, not two, but actually four Forumites on steel guitar! It's a great album for Johnny, I think, since it has not only the expected shuffles, but also some material that is not usually associated with Bush-style music. It will have some musical surprises for some of y'all.

The album is entitled Lost Highway Saloon, on the Lone Star label (TMG LS-4001). There is excellent distribution for this label, but you can get it direct from Johnny by e-mailiing him at jbushmusic@aol.com

Buddy Emmons plays steel on 4 cuts; Bobby Flores, in addition to great fiddle all over the disc, plays steel on 3 cuts; Tommy Detamore plays on 1 cut; Randy Reinhard plays on one cut; and yours truly plays on 4 cuts.

And throughout is the amazing Floyd Domino on piano and my soul brother Bobby Caldwell on lead guitar.

Songs: The Same Old Me; When It's Your Turn to Fall; Wish I'd Seen Your Going Coming; Maybe, Maybe Not; The Wall; You've Got Till Sundown; Lost Highway Saloon; Hands Can Say A Lot Beneath The Table; They're Hanging Me Tonight; I'll Never Be Free; Home to Texas; Pride Goes Before a Fall; So This Is The Fall; Wine Into Water (my personal favorite).

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Homesite

Kenny Forbess

peckerwood point, w. tn.
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2000 7:52 am    

Herb,
this is a" must have" CD, thanks for posting it.
BTW, is my long lost freind Randy Rienhard on line? I would like to be in contact with him.
Thanks

------------------
kenny
66 Emmons D-10 8&7
Blue Derby D-10 8&6

wayne yakes md

denver, colorado
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2000 12:43 pm    

This a must have CD!! Herb on his Bigsby will kill you on "I'll Never Be Free"(Speedy West cut this on his Bigsby in 1950 with Tenn.Ernie Ford and Kay Starr which launched him on his recording career) and "Wish I'd Seen Your Going Coming"(Buddy Emmons on steel). These two Cuts ALONE are worth the CD. The rest is great!!