The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Burbank CA Saturday August 12
Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2000 9:44 pm    

back to Viva Fresh Mexican Restaurant

Riverside Drive at Main Street in Burbank California at the Equestrian Center.
Park across Riverside Drive on Main or at the bowling alley.

8:00 PM .. 11:15 PM
Saturday August 12

.. Kathy Robertson band playing the same moldy country songs that we played at the Rawhide in 1983.

.. with John David on guitar, me on steel
no bass, no drums, and no budget for them, but we will think of something. I would rather have no bass than play keyboard with left-hand bass.

ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2000 7:14 am    

I could be way wrong on this one, and I don't want to start an argument or deter anyone from going, because I went once and Earnest is a heck of a player on that Zum.

In LA, if you park in the lot of a business (whether they are open or not) and are not patronizing that business, you will often be towed. It can then cost you up to $200 cash (no checks or credit cards) to get your car back, and you may have to wait until the next morning.

Based on the one time I went there, my advice is to park on Main or the north side of Riverside Drive. The south side of Riverside is permit parking only I believe. I would steer clear of the bowling alley. The surrounding neighborhood also looks pretty nice.

Welcome to LA.

And once again I want to state that EB is a fine player, the band is good, and the food there looks good (I didn't actually eat there when I went before).

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2000 7:55 am    

I always park on the street, but last time I noticed a sign on the wall directing Viva Fresh patrons to park across the street at the bowling alley.