The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guitar and Fretted Instrument Resource Site
Liam Redmond

Wales, UK.
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2000 12:45 pm    

Hi,

http://pages.eidosnet.co.uk/liamredmond/guitar/index.html

The above site contains a Java fretboard and Chord display utility. These utilities are not unique but I believe they contain features not seen in others.

These features include :-

Once you have downloaded the 40kb Java applet no further information is required, so you can disconnect from the internet and play your guitar.

The fretboard applet can be resized so you can sit back from your screen and play your guitar.

You can play your guitar in your favourite tuning because both chord and fretboard layouts can be configured for many instruments and many tunings so you can sit back disconnect from the internet and play not only your guitar but also your mandolin, bass etc.

Both applets are combined into one so you can open two browser windows but only download it once if you have caching enabled in your browser.

Both applets function using the same basic user interface where you can select your key, instrument, tuning and mode. The chord applet also lets you specify the capo position you are using.

If this interests you then please visit the site and post any comments you have using the on-line forum or the forms provided on the feedback page. I am determined to make this web application useful and not just a gimmick that you have a look at but don't use.

If you have any problems displaying the Java applets let me know and I'll help resolve them if I can.

I apologise if this is classed as off-topic for this forum.

Cheers,

Liam Redmond.