The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ??? for the guitarist currently known as Earnest.
Slim Lattimer

Anaheim, CA USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2000 3:17 pm    

Earnest, Wyman Reece emailed a bunch of us Chris Gaffney and The Cold Hard Facts fans to inform us of the following shows;

Saturday, 1-15-2000, 8 to 12 PM, at the CRAZY HORSE (new location in the Irvine Spectrum).

Sunday, 1-16-2000, 10 PM to 1AM,
at the BLUE CAFE, in downtown Long Beach.

So Dude, ah...ahem...like what's the story?

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2000 5:04 pm    

Yeah, I had heard something about those gigs. I was gonna call the guys tonight to see if I should throw what's left of my gear into the pickup this weekend. In fact, even tho Wyman emailed you, I think I will call just to confirm. After all, he didn't email me.

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2000 12:42 am    

That's a big 10 - 4 good buddy. I have just received voice confrimation from the couch of Gaffney confirming that these gigs are on and I will be snatched from the jaws of retirement and not a moment too soon.

I wonder if the new Crazy Horse sucks.

Slim Lattimer

Anaheim, CA USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2000 11:57 am    

Cool news Daddy-O! I'll be out to see you Sunday night at the Blue Cafe. Unfortunately, Wyman's notice reached me after having already made plans to catch Dave Alvin & Tom Russell at the Neighborhood Church up in Pasadena.

I was kinda suspecting and hoping that Gaffney might be sitting in with them, but I'm glad to hear you all are working. Obviously Dave Alvin won't be sitting in with you guys on Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him join you on Sunday. He seems to gravitate towards downtown and the old dives in Long Beach. Rick Shea, Greg Leisz and Brantley (on fiddle) will be with Alvin & Russell on Sat..

Hey, even if the new Crazy Horse sucks, you can be sure that there will be plenty of Saturday night cowgirls to watch

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2000 2:53 am    

(I hope Mr. Horse is not reading this.)

Every band member, customer, and employee that I talked to hates the new Crazy Horse. The load in is a lot like Dodger Stadium at game time, except that there are more cars, and they are all going where you want to go, and they are all in front of you.