The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Plant City FL Steel Show
Ricky Littleton

Steely-Eyed Missile Man from Cocoa Beach, Florida USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2000 6:01 pm    

Where are advanced tickets being sold, and what are ticket prices? (door and advanced). Thanks loads and look forward to meeting some Sunshine State Forumites!

------------------
Emmons LeGrande - 8x4

Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2000 3:05 pm    

Guys.
I signed up last month.
here is the tel.# 813-651-3826.
You can email them also at: ondeeair@aol.com

Hope to see you there.

Don

Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2000 7:35 pm    

Concerning the Plant City show, this show is being held at the Ramada Inn in Plant City,FL on January 22nd & 23rd. Haywood Henson from Tampa has put this great show together. Since Larry Self, who sponsored the steel guitar shows in DeBary, FL and New Smyrna Beach, has moved to Tennesse, Haywood saw the need to continue a winter steel guitar show in central Florida. For a first time show, I have great expectations for this as Haywood has spent a lot of time in putting together what I feel will be a great show at very reasonable prices.

First, on Saturday I will be doing a seminar from 2:00p.m. 'til 5:00p.m. The show will start at 7:30p.m. on Saturday for several hours. The second part of the show will be on Sunday starting at 1:30p.m.

Haywood has lined up several steel players plus some fine vocalists also. John Hughey will be playing along with Doug Stock, Chet Gibson, Claude Brownell, Dan Whitaker, Jimmy Miller, myself and several others. One thing nice about this show is that Haywood didn't book too many players where you end up behind schedule or having your time cut short. This way each player can play longer and get to play what the people want to hear.
Another very important thing which Haywood did is to book a top notch backup band. This way the players are not handicapped having to play only standard tunes with simple chord changes. To me the backup band is the most important part of any good steel guitar show. The band consists of: Roy Rosetta, piano; Ben Brogdon, bass; Herby Wallace III, drums; and Gary Davis, guitar and banjo.

Haywood also has several great vocalists on the show. First an old friend of mine who I used to work the road with back in the sixties, Duane Dee (one of the very finest I have ever worked with). The great Rob Parker who most of you are familiar with. Next, Troy Carpenter (lead singer at Church Street Station). Also, Haywood of course is a great vocalist and will have is own fine band.

Last but not least, Haywood has some great prices for this show. There are several package prices, for example: you can attend the seminar, Saturday concert and Sunday concert all three for only $45.00. Normally just the seminar alone would cost that much.

For reservations, call: 813/651-3826

------------------