The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Christian Country Band in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Mark Krutke

Tomahawk, WI USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2000 9:08 pm    

Hi, area forumites around Oshkosh,Wisconsin.
I wanted to let anybody who was interested know about a group called "Harbor Lighthouse" that was going to be at The "New Moon" Coffee House in Oshkosh on January 14, 2000. I play steel with this hard working 6-piece group that I think, if you're in the area and can make it, you would enjoy.

Lyle DeHart

Antigo, WI USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2000 8:49 am    

I also am from Wisconsin, in Antigo, about 120 miles northwest of Oshkosh. I will try to make it to your gig. I also play steel, Emmons D-10 and have on an amatuer basis for about 20 years. I would like to obtain some tablature for Country Gospel tunes. If you have ideas or can help, let me know. Also I am wondering if you may have ran across a female steel player in the Milwaukee area. Her name is Jean or Jeannie and I don't even know if she plays steel anymore or not. She was very good and the last time I saw her play was in the early to mid 70's and she played an Emmoms D-12. Thanks, Lyle in Wisconsin

------------------
Lyle DeHart

Lyle DeHart

Antigo, WI USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2000 8:52 am    

I will try to make it. I love steel guitar and gospel music.

Lyle in Wisconsin.

------------------
Lyle DeHart

Lyle DeHart

Antigo, WI USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2000 1:13 pm    

I also am from Wisconsin, in Antigo, about 120 miles northwest of Oshkosh. I will try to make it to your show in Oshkosh. I love steel guitar and gospel music as well. I also play steel, Emmons D-10 and have, on an amatuer basis, for about 20 years. I would very much like to obtain some tablature for Country Gospel tunes. If you have ideas, or some tablature that you are willing to share, or can help, please let me know.

Also I am wondering if you may have ran across a female steel player in the Milwaukee
area. Her name is Jean or Jeannie and I don't even know if she plays steel anymore or not.
She was very good, and the last time I saw her play was in the early to mid 70's and she
played an Emmoms D-12. Her maiden name was Thompson but she got married and I
don't know her married name. She actually lived in the Menominee Falls area. She is a
beautiful lady, and a wonderful person, and one of the finest steel players in the state of
Wisconsin. If you know of her or if she is still playing I would like to know.

What kind of steel do you play, and how do you like it? Also what kind of Amp are you
using and what, if any, kind of effects are you using. It is good to hear from another steel
player in Wisconsin. There aren't that many that I know of. Thank you for your time,

My E-Mail address is ldehart@antigoschools.k12.wi.us

Thanks, Lyle in Wisconsin

------------------
Lyle DeHart